Head of Business Transformation
10:45 AM Workshop D: Delivering Operational Excellence: Leveraging process and people to drive high performance
In this fun and engaging workshop, we will dive into the big questions: How would you approach improving performance at your organisation? What information would you need? What tools would help you along the way? How would you know if you had succeeded? Our interactive workshop takes you step by step through creating a program for achieving high performance. We use a systematic approach to intervention and change, taking you on a journey through the development of an Operational Excellence program which focuses on leveraging the capability of
your people and the existing procedures and processes. We examine the ways in which teams and individuals can be supported during a project to work more effectively, and finally we examine the technology that’s available to help.
In this workshop, you will:
• Dig into the challenges of getting processes, policies and procedures from the desktop to the work floor.
• Engage your creative problem-solving skills to address real challenges in your organisation.
• Learn how to control the process of change.
• Collaborate on challenges and solutions with other workshop attendees in groups and teams.
• Identify ways of enhancing performance and reducing risk at each stage of the project.
Learn how to reduce operational variations across different business areas by systematically improving work control and compliance to deliver performance improvement. The course facilitator will then take you through an intervention program which examines how to link competence and work activities to achieve high performance and Operational Excellence.
2:00 PM A large scale, complete turn-around transformation case study: How Veolia drives significant efficiency and growth from their courageous business process and architecture reengineering project
Veolia Group, headquartered in France, is a $30B company with 164,000 employees worldwide. It has four main service and utility areas traditionally managed by public authorities – water management, waste management, transport and energy services. The vast Business Management experience with Veolia Group of Madalin Mihailovici, Mihai Savin, Irina Munteanu and their Colleagues within the Apa Nova Bucharest Management Team was combined with Cristian Matei’s experience who - after 20 years working with ABB, Alstom Power or General Electric as Global Head of Operational Quality & Continuous Improvement or Global Head of Learning & Development - joined Veolia in 2016 as Head of Transformation. In this inspiring case study, they will take the audience through the company’s transformation journey, including
• ”The burning platform” and how to deal with crisis management - while transforming problems into opportunities
• Using a three-phased holistic approach to re-engineer business processes and organisational architecture to achieve higher business performance
• Putting necessary tools and methodologies in place to transition from opinion-based leadership to a data-driven organisation
• How to design continuous improvement management processes to continuously exceed all stakeholders’ expectations while creating the self-sharpening organisation