Cason SwindleDirector, Workforce Performance Solutions
10:45 AM Workshop D: Delivering Operational Excellence: Leveraging process and people to drive high performance
In this fun and engaging workshop, we will dive into the big questions: How would you approach improving performance at your organisation? What information would you need? What tools would help you along the way? How would you know if you had succeeded? Our interactive workshop takes you step by step through creating a program for achieving high performance. We use a systematic approach to intervention and change, taking you on a journey through the development of an Operational Excellence program which focuses on leveraging the capability of
your people and the existing procedures and processes. We examine the ways in which teams and individuals can be supported during a project to work more effectively, and finally we examine the technology that’s available to help.
In this workshop, you will:
• Dig into the challenges of getting processes, policies and procedures from the desktop to the work floor.
• Engage your creative problem-solving skills to address real challenges in your organisation.
• Learn how to control the process of change.
• Collaborate on challenges and solutions with other workshop attendees in groups and teams.
• Identify ways of enhancing performance and reducing risk at each stage of the project.
Learn how to reduce operational variations across different business areas by systematically improving work control and compliance to deliver performance improvement. The course facilitator will then take you through an intervention program which examines how to link competence and work activities to achieve high performance and Operational Excellence.